CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Vitamin C time release or not?

amaru7 Views: 2,882
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,050,304

Re: Vitamin C time release or not?

"The Linus Pauling Institute found that a 4:1 ratio of bioflavinoids (already present in fruits and vegetables) to vitamin C was the only thing that increased the absorption of synthetic vitamin C supplements."

So that Bioflavonoid added product falls away as a marketing joke if anything..

About the time-release subject, optimizing the absorbtion is getting alot of magnesium and some Lipoic Acid aswell to get the stuff recycled. Still have a read on a posing of Ted Hutchinson that had me thinking, even though I take his statments usually with a grain of salt:

"When we look at vitamin C the half life is measured in minutes. perhaps about 30mins for someone who is about vitamin C replete. If you think about the digestive system the vitamin c from a whole orange will be available over a period of time and not all arrive in one go. I would only ever use a time release form of vitamin C for that reason.
If you take 1000mg and the half life is 30mins how much vitamin c is left in the system after 3hrs or six half lives have passed.
1000 > 500> 250> 125> 62.5 >31>15.5>

I can't see how you can benefit from vitamin C if you don't use a time release form. It simply isn't practicable to keep taking vitamin c tablets throughout the day and night whereas it is possible to obtain 24hr cover using time release forms."

My main thought about time release is that I know myself not to be able to keep taking Vitamin C every 2-3 hours a day, just because the body excretes it that quickly.. I have a pound of AA chrystals and take it mixed in water occasionally with some sodium bicarbonate, but I want to increase the frequency or take the time release

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.328 sec, (1)