CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Trigger's and Jace's Story AND Questions about AFTERCARE of treating PARVO at home

dane lady Views: 2,029
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,053,194

Re: Trigger's and Jace's Story AND Questions about AFTERCARE of treating PARVO at home

No you can't get parvo from a cat scratch. It's transmitted by contact with an infected parvo stool or can be caused from a reaction to parvo vaccine. If the stools are solid it's o.k. to go back to a normal diet. Once a pup has recovered from parvo it's immune to further episodes of it. The incubation period is about 7 days. For pups showing symptoms of parvo I would give one drop of Lugol's Iodine daily. Vitamin C is also beneficial to give to a parvo pup. Give several times a day because vitamin c washes out of the system fairly rapidly. I'm not a fan of combination vaccines. It bombards the immune system and lowers it. I only gave single shots when I was breeding. One parvo and one distemper and that's all I gave. Give Pedialyte to drink if the pup has diarrhea. Can be added to the drinking water or if the pup is refusing to drink syringe it down their throat.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.625 sec, (1)