CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Estrogen dominance / low progesterone after Mirena

Ausmum Views: 10,988
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,054,489

Re: Estrogen dominance / low progesterone after Mirena

It certainly does seem hormonal....isnt it frustrating knowing that its all coming month after month....I will say that even without the hormones I did notice a big improvement from about 3 - 6 months in terms of the strength of symptoms, also I was getting bad PMS after the removal for the first 6 months or so then it pretty much disappeared overnight. I know it must be so hard doubting your relationship but take heart that it all improves in the second 2 weeks and therefore underling everything you are still in a good relationship and sound like you have a fantastic understanding partner (as I do also).

Have you actually looked at your hormone results? Mine were just inside the cut off for normal (220 when the lower limit was 200). My dr said nothing until I was still having symptoms a couple of months later so he rechecked them on the 3rd day of my cycle and this time they were 100 (lower limit is 110). He has also told me that he feels that tall thin women (like me) need a little more oestrogen and tend to produce less due to low body fat.

I would also say take care what you try.....I tried Vitex (at a low dose) for a couple of weeks and it made me a LOT worse (which makes sense now I know it can reduce estrogen further).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

4.313 sec, (1)