CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone else have messed up neurotransmitters?

DieselPower Views: 2,317
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,061,922

Re: Anyone else have messed up neurotransmitters?

Hello,

Although my cortisol levels have been high all three times I have tested for it, I also have problems with neurotransmitters. There are questions whether urine testing for these is accurate or not (I assume you had a urine metabolite test done for these), so the results should be taken with "a grain of salt". However, my results did correlate well with my symptoms. My dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, epenephrine, and PEA are all extremely low. Anywhere from 30-50% of normal. My GABA was at the high end of normal and histamine and glutamate were normal.

I had genetic testing done by Dr. Yasko and it showed that among other genetic defects, I was A1298C homozygous (two defects) on the MTHFR gene. This causes the synthesis of dopamine (and norepinephrine and epinephrine) and serototin to be MUCH less efficient. Urine amino acid testing showed that tryptophan, phenylalanine, and tyrosine were all high which shows that they are not being converted to neurotransmitters as efficiently as they should.

I am going to start on a methylation protocol as soon as I get my methylation pathway panel results back and see what I am deficient in before I start supplementing.

Tyler

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.516 sec, (1)