CureZone   Log On   Join
Dental treatment

Views: 6,328
Published: 8 years ago

Dental treatment

Hi,

Not sure if you would/could help with this. I'm hoping oil-pulling could save my tooth...

I had a root canal on tooth #5 about 16 months ago. Ever since then I had had very sensitive gum all over mouth and receding gum issue (worse than before).
During teeth cleaning in March, dentist noticed pocket of 6mm around the tooth, so she referred me to see a periodontist.

Periodontist found tooth #5 has 5-6mm pocket, bleeding and class 1 mobility, and thought tooth# 5 might be fractured.
So periodontist wants to do a Perioscopy on tooth #5 to visualize the tooth surface, if fracture is found then a complete extraction, bone graft and possible implant placement. If no fracture is found, then they will complete scaling and place local Antibiotics .

Does this recommendation make sense to you? Are there any alternatives? Anything I can do to stabilize and save the loose tooth? I heard about oil-pulling - would it help get rid of bacteria so I won't even need to go back to periodontist for perioscopy on tooth #5 and scaling and all that?

Anything you could suggest/recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.578 sec, (1)