CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Low norepinephrine?

saywhatagain Views: 14,452
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,069,166

Re: Low norepinephrine?

I have never had my hormone levels checked but I know they are pretty out of balance right now with the way I feel. Since I know you have an interest in ayurveda and I have been studying ayurveda, this would correlate to elevated vata, although most cases are probably more complex than this. My explanation would be a bit different than yours. I would say first the pituitary is over-stimulated releasing more ACTH, which releases more cortisol (this seems to be basically Dr. Lam's model, and this is just an over-simplified example). Then over time the functioning of the over-stimulated pituitary becomes impaired, the brain and the body becomes clogged with toxins and then the entire endocrine system is set up to be in a state of imbalance and disease. Realistically, it seems that people that are self-diagnosed or practitioner diagnosed as having adrenal fatigue, really could be suffering from a variety of different endocrine disorders that don't necessarily stem from the pituitary initially, but it seems the most common is the one I described. In my view (and the view of ayurveda), the three master glands of the endocrine system are the pituitary, the adrenal, and the thyroid (I know Lam says the thymus), each of these can go out of balance and can then interfere with the functioning of itself and the other two, so realistically any of these could be the culprit depending on the individual. I believe that repairing the function of the endocrine system is the absolute key to repairing health, but I don't really see how just looking at blood hormone levels can tell anyone what is actually going wrong in the system as a whole and what needs to be done to repair it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.469 sec, (1)