CureZone   Log On   Join
Role of Exercise in Adrenal Fatigue Recovery

dumak23 Views: 3,983
Published: 9 years ago

Role of Exercise in Adrenal Fatigue Recovery

I've been battling adrenal fatigue for the past five months. I believe the root cause in my case is going low-carb (Paleo) diet, over-exercising, and over-working (I was starting a business on the side). My main symptoms are Psoriasis, having to eat every 2 hours, and insomia. I never had physical fatigue since day 1. When I crash, I have to eat every 1 to 1.5 hours to keep my cortisol up, even through the night, so I won't be able to sleep until 6AM (when the adrenal starts pumping cortisol once more). I also get this large dose of adrenaline shot every time I'm about to fall sleep.

I finally got my supplements and diet down, I believe, and the only confusing thing for me is the role of exercise in adrenal fatigue recovery. From the writings of Dr. Wilson, Dr. Schwarzbein, Dr. Lam, and posts by Sherpa and JustinBieberIsMyHero, it seems they imply that exercise is one of the major key to recovery.

If I exercise and get sore the next day, I would most likely crash for a day or two. My skin would ironically get better right after a crash, and I suspect it's because my body is using up the cortisol to fight the soreness but in the process uses up all its "daily budget" so I won't be able to sleep at night.

If I don't exercise, I find that I'm able to sleep for 6 to 7 hours straight without having to wake up and eat. However, I become out of shape that any form of outside activity (like grocery shopping) would cause soreness and cause a crash.

So it looks like I have to slowly rev up my exercise routine such that I don't get sore but increase my stamina. I'm planning to cycle my exercise and rest days so my body can recover. I'm wondering what would the effect of this to the adrenals. Would it get stronger like a muscle by cycling between stress and recovery? Or would it just deplete it even more?

Thanks,

dumak23

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.656 sec, (1)