CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Panic attacks, do they stop?

joegrane Views: 3,926
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,074,107

Re: Panic attacks, do they stop?

Have you had your hormone levels checked? If you had to check only one hormone due to financial limitations, I'd check the mother steroid adrenal hormone, pregnenolone--check this image of it and related hormones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Steroidogenesis.svg

You could order the blood test yourself at directlabs.com but a larger hormone panel under the guidance of your doctor would be best. You'd get a 4x saliva cortisol test along with DHEA (blood or saliva). I'd also get pregnenolone and progesterone, but the latter will have to be done at a particular day of your monthly cycle since levels fluctuate so greatly during the "month."
http://www.canaryclub.org/adrenal/706-cortisol-1-or-4.html

Why? If you have low cortisol--stress hormone--your body will try to compensate by making adrenaline. The body makes some cortisol from progesterone and pregnenolone. I bet that the body is wired to make a stress hormone--cortisol-- a priority over a sex hormone--progesterone. Possibly the low progesterone is involved in the poor mood at that time of the month.

A close female friend has a long history of post traumatic stress disorder PTSD. She had been going to an endocrinologist for thyroid medication for over 10 yrs with some good effect, but he never did a 4x saliva cortisol in a person with a list of symptoms as long as your arm and decades of PTSD!!!!!!!

The saliva cortisol was low almost the entire day--except for the morning--the time of day he probably did a blood cortisol.

We see this situation fairly often in the big Yahoo heavy metal chelation groups, especially with the females and sensitive males. I was there for detox support for lead but after a while I kept seeing my friend's symptom cluster in the toxic women.

I finally got her to go to a functional medicine doctor for the hormone panel--you can check their web site for member doctors in your area. Her life has changed from getting her pregnenolone levels normalized and a tiny amount of hydrocortisone and progesterone cream. Her mood is so much more stable and pleasant. He libido has normalized. Her head is less foggy and much more stress tolerant. Wow. It goes without saying how much better our relationship is.

She also got her silver-mercury Amalgam fillings removed and has been chelating with DMPS + ALA ( Cutler's protocol ) so I imagine this has been responsible for part of her gains.

Obviously I'm not pretending to *know* what your problem is, but the symptoms match fairly closely. I'd start with some hormone testing.

Good luck and please update us about your progress.

Joe

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

12.469 sec, (2)