CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: confessions of E.C.

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
Ibinns Views: 1,657
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,085,934

Re: confessions of E.C.

Sorry to burst your bubble Clown lips and Fingers but, I have had EC for 19 years now. There is NO-ONE else in this world who would be able to relate to what you are feeling more than me. Yes, the best parts of my life (that I will NEVER get back) were ruined by this f**king horrible condition. I'm 36 now and I still have no kids, and I'm not married. I'm dying to have a girlfriend but I have put my social life on hold because I don't want to kiss a girl and then have to look into a damn mirror to see if the buildup on my lips has come off or something.

It wasn't even until last year that I actually learned of the name of this condition, along with finding out that I wasn't the only one suffering with it. So, I was basically in the dark for 18 years.

Trust me, almost every person I talk to either at my job or otherwise begin to lick their lips or do some other kind of lip gesture that reminds me that I have this sh!t. I hate the fact that I see so many beautiful women walking around and I have like NO confidence to approach them because of this condition. It has impacted my life in such a way that I will be forever psychologically scarred from it.

I used to feel sorry for myself too but, I had to break that sh!t if I was to ever try to get rid of this. I have like 5 scars on my lower lip from all the biopsies all the doctor's I've gone to did to me. I feel like the ugliest person in the world at this moment but, I am continuing to seek help from other doctors. I have already subjected my health insurance to over $10,000 in medical expenses of which I had to pay about $2,000 out of pocket.

My advice to you would be to try to get a hobby or something that can help you take your mind off your lips for at least a few minutes. I have several hobbies that I do now because of my condition and they definitely help. If you're curious about my hobbies then they are:

1) Writing (I am now approaching the completion of my second book)

2) Knives (I enjoy sharpening them with either a strop or stones)

3) Video Games (Helps me to even forget my name if I am not careful)

4) Cooking (I'm not the best at it at the moment but, when something does come out just right it makes me feel amazing)

You have to live, despite your condition. It is something that took me close to 10 years to figure out. You get tired of hiding and being a recluse... I know I got tired of it.

I have posted some pictures on this site of the current status of my EC. I made my own folder for them and you can look for it under "Ibinns." I have to admit that my EC actually looks a hell of a lot better now than when it first manifested itself on me back in 1994. My lips looked & smelled horrible when I first got EC. I hate it because I am a very clean person and this sh!t makes me look like I don't have good hygiene.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.391 sec, (2)