CureZone   Log On   Join
Sporanox and Ciclopirox

jle1987 Views: 1,045
Published: 8 years ago

Sporanox and Ciclopirox

Just wanted to let everyone know I just went and picked up a six week supply of Sporanox/Itraconazole and Ciclopirox 0.77% cream. Since I picked up my scripts mid afternoon I plan on starting Sporanox tomorrow morning in order to be consist with the dosing, don't want to develop any resistance. I started the Ciclopirox cream just now though. So far I like the texture and applicability much better than Nystatin Triamcinoline Acetonide. The whole idea is to get better penetration with Ciclopirox and hopefully it targets the yeast like it says it does. The molecular mass of Nystatin is just way too large for any sort of topical dermal penetration. I believe it's in the 900 daltons range where as Ciclopirox is only about 200 daltons. The rule of thumb with topical medicines and or any topical application is that it must be under 500 daltons in order to have any penetration. Just thought I'd share my research with everyone!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.672 sec, (1)