CureZone   Log On   Join
Sporanox side effect??

jle1987 Views: 2,172
Published: 8 years ago

Sporanox side effect??

Alright, I got some not so good news. Today as I was doing yard work, I looked down at my feet and almost immediately noticed swelling in both feet/ankles, predominately in the right. I was wearing sandals so it was easy to spot. Never noticed this before until later today, and that says alot because everyday for about 4 hours I'm barefoot at my job and not once have I noticed this till today. I realized this was edema, and quickly looked up potential side effects of Sporanox. And sure enough swelling of joints, especially feet/ankles was one of them. This is caused by the weakening of the liver which in turn weakens the kidneys so they are not able to excrete fluid and toxin buildup. Sporanox can also cause the heart muscle to slow down and become weak, therefore not being able to pump blood throughout the body at a quick enough pace to keep everything moving like bodily fluids. So it builds up in the lower extremities first.

I plan on trying to get my liver enzymes and function tested this week asap. The question is, do I immediately stop taking it until I figure out whats going on, or just cut back on the dosage until then? I don't want to completely stop and then start back up again, that's what causes resistance in Candida species. This sucks because just last week my medical insurance ran out and I'm in between applying for another plan, so nothing is covered right now and I just can't afford an appointment right now.

Other than this edema of the feet, I have no other clinical side effects or symptoms of liver failure or kidney failure, which is strange. I'm hoping this is all just due to me standing for like 6 hours straight today working without shoes on??

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.938 sec, (1)