CureZone   Log On   Join
Liver Function Results

jle1987 Views: 1,183
Published: 8 years ago

Liver Function Results

Hey guys. Got my results back from my Liver function test yesterday. Results came back within normal range. I even compared these results to my last ones from when I did a whole series of tests like 6 months ago. These numbers were only slightly higher this time by a couple points. I'm talking about my AST and ALT numbers. So yes, it looks like the Sporanox has risen my liver enzyme levels ever so slightly, but apparently nothing to be too concerned about. I asked my friend who is a pharmacist and he said they don't consider anything high risk until enzyme levels are 3 to 4 times higher than normal. I also described my dull pain I was experiencing in my upper right abdomen and he said it was my gallbladder, not liver. He explained that certain medications, like Sporanox, stress the gallbladder out and can cause low level pain. I asked him how long does it usually take to develop gall stones while taking strong scripts and he said at least 3 months.

Also, I decided yesterday to continue with the Sporanox, but this time cut the dosage in half. So now I'm only taking 200 mg once a day. This may prolong treatment, but it should help combat the side effects i'm experiencing, and minimize any sort of long term damage to my organs like my kidneys, liver and gallbladder. Anyways, this is technically the start of my 3rd week of treatment. No signs really of this condition letting up, but again, it could be too soon to tell, i'm going to give it at least 2 more weeks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.109 sec, (1)