CureZone   Log On   Join
imuran info

jsl123 Views: 1,004
Published: 9 years ago

imuran info

anyways my derm appointment to start imuran is i think on the 15th or 16th so iv been reasearching the shit out of the drug.. it seems like the risk of cancers and that are only really for people who are on high doses and take it for long term.. i would say 10 plus years... anyways i thought i would post this for people like ecparent and those interested in it..

Patients on long-term, high dose azathioprine to prevent rejection of the kidney after kidney transplantation have an increased risk of developing lymphoma, a malignant disease of lymph cells. There is no evidence at present that long term use of azathioprine or 6-MP, in the lower doses used in Crohn's disease, increases the risk of lymphoma, leukemia or other malignancies.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=29139

the website is mainly talking about chrons disease but lots of derms prescibe imuran for serious cases of exzma.. and is the first choice out of all the imuuno - suppresents anyways anyones that interested i would love to discuss this drug in general since im about to start takeing it.. im also not sure if i should completely stop useing moisturizers during takeing it or not. i would pressume i should but ill have to ask my team of derms... im seeing my new personal derm and im also going to one fo the biggest hospitals in aus to get the team of derms second opinion... the more i research this drug the more i fell good about it and more relaxed.. i plan on taking it for 6 months then slowly lower the dose or take it on every second day to try figure out what is the minimum i could take to reduce symptoms. and then after 1 year stop the drug completely and cross fingers i stay in remission.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

3.719 sec, (1)