CureZone   Log On   Join
Fasting with the right attitude

forgood123 Views: 683
Published: 8 years ago

Fasting with the right attitude

I became over weight 15 years ago when I was 20, now I'm 35. And to be honest I did do a lot of very short fasts on and off to just get skinny not really for health. Not really fasting correctly, having diet cokes or whatever was calorie free.
My thinking behind it was if I lose all the weight I'll be back to the place I was at when I was 20 and make up for all those lost years. When I got to the core of why I was in a rush to lose weight, I came to the realization that it's not going to fix everything, of course I can't be a 20 year old again, I have to do the best with what I've got now and move on from the past.
I have read all kinds of books on fasting, and different low fat vegan diets, I tried the 80/10/10 fruitarian diet and my skin looked the healthiest ever on that diet.

But my attitude was all wrong. I was interested in fasting/low fat vegan to lose weight mostly and not because I really wanted to take care of myself. Now I want to learn to care for myself and about myself and eat what is really going to heal and help me.

I am going to do a fast but this time with distilled water only and for healing. I'm not in a rush to lose weight. It's not going to be a long fast. Maybe 21 days, not sure. I feel like a toxic waste dump and I think all those things I read about the power of fasting are right, but my attempts where wrong in the past, so now I want to do it right.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.480 sec, (1)