>>I wonder if I should start the primal diet.
Yes ! I will elaborate.
There is no way to answer your question and stay on a strict Iodine topic, so my apologies for getting off topic. IMO, Optimal health involves 3 common denominators.
- Sufficient Iodine as we cover diligently on this forum.
- Optimal nutrition
- Optimal sunshine or equivalent is important
Eliminate the JUNK FOODS that are bad for our health.
We started a strict Paleo Diet. This diet eliminates known food problems, such as:
1) Nothing made with wheat ***
2) No man made oils, only natural oils & greases
3) No soda pop, products made from High Fructose Corn Syrup
4) No products loaded with chemicals, and other restrictions
5) Eat a primarily natural food diet, meats, fish, veggies, nuts, nothing man made. I do cheat on about 10% of my diet.
There are several Paleo diet books available, all similar.
***The "no products made from wheat" is especially important & verified in spades by Dr. Davis in his book and website, "The Wheat Belly" http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
He explains that Modern Wheat is a Frankenstein Monster developed by mad scientists that creates serious health problems by causing leakage in the intestines that imitates Leaky Gut disease.( Celiac Disease )