CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New to this whole ordeal.

Shadamae Views: 1,690
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,115,982

Re: New to this whole ordeal.

Hopefully you don't think I am suggesting that. I am not at all. Like I said, I would not be able to get rid of pets if I had them. Oddly though, I have developed an allergy for cats for the first time in my life and I found out after adopting a new cat a little while back. I could not even breath and I felt like I had glass in my eyes. I had to rehome her for that reason (this was before I was sick or even knew the germs that spread) and it broke my heart so badly that I still hurt because of it because I loved her SO much. And I suffered so so bad for so long until I had to finally make the decision. It was terrible.

I don't blame you and would not be able to do it again.

I would just suggest that you just be vigilant about keeping things clean for now. I know one of the hardest things is not letting them sleep in the bed but this is one of the worst things you can do. If there is any way that you can not have them in the bed this would help.

Also use liter that does not contain dust like pine pellets. This also will not track on their feet throughout the house. Use a vacuum with a Hepafilter (we got a Shark at Sears for around $200 and it is great - you do not need a Dyson), wash everything in hot water often and clean surfaces with bleach and/or strong disinfectant. Wash your pets weekly using gloves and make sure to clean and disinfect yourself and the vessel you washed them in thoroughly afterwards. Wash your hands a lot after playing with them and do not let them get in your face (never let them lick you there).

Most importantly, never put your hands to your face unless you are washing it. Do not bite your nails, pick at things on your face etc. Also, keep your mouth very clean by brushing, flossing, mouthwash/peroxide twice a day.

I know this may seem like overkill but it's just what needs to be done to keep a modicum of cleanliness with pets around.

I can't explain it but some people can not become affected by these things. Myself, however? Not so lucky. My immune system has taken too many hits to take many more chances these days. My husband, on the other hand? He could live in a steamroom , sharing sushi and beef tar tar with African monkeys for a year and come out squeaky clean. Bastard :(

Anyway, there is really no telling where you may have gotten sick but don't worry too much. Just do the best you can to eat things that are safe, keep things sanitized and you will get well. Most importantly....try to keep up a positive outlook.

There are very nice, supportive people here who will help you though.

Best to you :)

Shada

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.125 sec, (2)