CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Frozen veggies vs. Fresh Veggies.

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

Free Natural Teeth Restoration!
The Powder that heals, protects, remineralizes

More
BrightSideOfLife Views: 1,191
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,115,064

Re: Frozen veggies vs. Fresh Veggies.

A very good point, frozen veg is blanched.

For me, not that it makes any difference because I make sure I cook food very well. I don't want to add to my problems by consuming anything harmful such as some unpleasant bacteria in a biofilm which is fairly common on fresh vegetables. I really don't need any more of that which is why I cook it so thoroughly. However there is always a way to consume food with a live bacterial biofilm on it by mistake. It's like playing Russian roulette every time you eat. :os

I don't think that fibre would degrade to any great extent when frozen. It's usually bacteria which cause fibre to break down and freezing should stop or slow bacteria to very little activity. It's why frozen food lasts very well. Enzymes cause discolouration unless blanched to destroy them. I doubt that blanching would kill bacteria, not in the space of a minute or three.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.750 sec, (1)