So today we have discovered that even with a 1 gm dose first thing in the morning, he does much better if he takes 250 mg every time he eats. He had a couple pieces of bread (that I made, not store bread) at 11:00 am and within 20 minutes started to feel worse, as usual. Then after a while he was still feeling worse so I gave him 250 mg of SSKI and he soon felt normal again. I believe that this is because he has the problematic bacteria in his stomach or very high up in his intestine and if he takes 250 mg of SSKI either right before or with the food, it does something that stops or inhibits the bacteria from making histamine. I understand that SSKI does something to histidine and tyrosine and perhaps it makes it so that the bacteria can't use it. I hope that it doesn't make it so that HE can't use it either. Does anyone know anything about that?
The next time he ate he took the 250 mg of SSKI with the food and he didn't get any symptoms after eating.