CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please Help - X ray of root canal tooth shows infection - Xray attached

Dancing Love Views: 8,756
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,137,328

Re: Please Help - X ray of root canal tooth shows infection - Xray attached

What disinfection material did the dentist use inside the root canal prior to filling it? And for how long? Because the tooth has many, many little tubules inside it in which bacteria can hide, unless the dentist used CaO (calcium oxide), sold under the name Endocal, which has the ability to expand into the tubules, there was most likely bacteria left inside the tooth--to what degree, it is hard to say.

I had a root canal done a few years ago for a tooth whose nerve had died (they tested it with a jet of cold water/air and I felt absolutely nothing) and the area around it showed the typical bone loss that occurs when the tooth is infected. My cheek had swollen from the infection--it was pretty bad.

I insisted that the dentist leave the CaO disinfectant inside the canal for two WEEKS -- most use the less potent gutta percha and only leave it there for 1-2 days (or even just a few hours). I have not had a single problem with it since.

I would also suggest not taking further x-rays unless needed because that area is getting repeated radiation exposure.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.015 sec, (1)