Okay so my sister about 10 years ago had an accident. She got into an elevator for 30 seconds, inhaled a bunch of fumes and her body has never been right since. At the time the building owner clammed up and wouldn't state what she had inhaled other than 'fragrance'.. No doctors knew what to test for of course because of the scanty details so the toxins worked thru her body.
Over the years as she exhibited various symptoms id have her take something if I thought it would benefit her. Vitamin E (unique E) for scarring in her lungs for example.
Recently she was able to find out that the chemical she inhaled formed hydrochloric acid in her respiratory system, so i figured it was a pretty safe conclusion she had inhaled chlorine. Ive recently found out Vitamin C neutralizes chlorine but of course this happened 10 years already so Im sure damage has already been done.
She has developed type I diabetes within the last couple years. (Chlorine poisoning causes a change in body ph which can cause organ failure) And I was talking to her about iodine and its ability to kick out harmful halogens.
I didn't recommend she take any supplements other than vitamin C and eating foods high in iodine, as she might have so much harmful halogens I was concerned about any detox effects she might incur and the best way to eliminate chlorine-related detox effects.
Here's my questions:
Does anybody here have any experience detoxing from chlorine? and/or
Does anybody know if chlorine latches onto receptors in the pancreas? If so, would iodine dislodge the chlorine and allow the pancreas to function correctly again?
Could the liver be damaged so much from the chlorine that its putting an overload on the pancreas causing the beta cells to burn out?