CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What to take for sleep?

aerowallah Views: 1,490
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,151,158

Re: What to take for sleep?

Someone pointed out that it's problematic to knock down cortisol, glutamate, histamines until we know why they are elevated.

I upped my olive leaf and switched to lactium (which still has some cortisol lowering effect) and lemon balm. Dumped the PS and adaptogens. Still taking one Kav, TC, `tho will eliminate that next. Slept 10 great nights in the last 12. Neatest thing, tiredness before bedtime now feels "normal". I used to feel super drowsy on all the old pills but with the first anxious thoughts "will this be a bad night?", the drowsy would evaporate and I would be level and alert all night. Now I'm tired the way I felt before AF and I'm asleep as my head hits the pillow. I think the Olive Leaf is elminating inflammation (CRP was 1.6) so there is less elevation of cortisol and glutamate and therefore I don't have to load up on all these other things (PS,theanine,NAC, ashwaganda, HB etc. etc.)that my brain must then rebalance.

When the body is reacting to inflammation by releasing cortisol and your reaction is to take something to knock it down and not address underlying cause, isn't that producing more immune stress?

On a related note -- anyone had root canals????? They alone could be causing the adrenals to work non-stop.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.172 sec, (1)