Hello - I have about 9 amalgams that need to be replaced. I began looking into this based on my MD finding mercury/copper levels too high. He suggested taking DMSA WITHOUT amalgam removal.
Of course, many say one must remove them first. I've met with a "safe" dentist to have them removed, but my dr. and a couple of other protocols say that one should chelate first to reduce the burden prior to the removal since many get worse after. I'm very confused, and here's another issue...
I am 35 and am struggling with infertility, which I suspect is related to the mercury b/c they can't find any other reason for it. I also read that one should wait 12 - 18 months before conceiving after amalgam removal. I'll be 37 by then and don't want to wait that long b/c of increased risks, not to mention, I've already been trying for 4 yrs.
This makes me want to wait to remove the amalgams until after I have a baby and just follow my dr's advice and chelate with amalgams still in.
I know many say not to do this. But is there anyone who has done this successfully? I'm so confused b/c I do trust my dr. and has experience w/this. He said that I can proceed however I'd like but he doesn't think removal is required first b/c the rate at which DMSA removes mercury is faster than it's accumulating.