CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A hefty prescription, not for all

trimnut2 Views: 1,558
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,157,820

Re: A hefty prescription, not for all

Okay UV, let's lay that aside for a moment. My question had different purpose. I have no immediate issue with what you have posted - its the background and expression which concerns me. What these sentiments say about human sense, sensibilities and outlook is where I want to go.

To illustrate: if you examine this thread //www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2152630
What strikes me is that lack of the personally reflective in many of the posts. As noble as many of the sentiments are, there is little real consideration given to the "holder of the eyes", I, me. Little consideration of what may have formed the sentiments expressed.

What puzzles me in this post of yours:
""It is one of those things you cannot teach, can only teach the stepping stones that lead you to know what you know. Then once you know the stepping stones the rest comes automatic and you realize why it cannot be taught""
Is why state this without consideration of the self-reflective? - All those "yous" where is the "I"? If I rewrite what you have written with "I" instead of "you" I get a sense of you that is fine. I like the thought. I don't quite accept it but that's okay. I wouldn't have replied! All those "yous" drive an implication which I for one object to sincerely I might add.

Without the self-reflective, at least to some degree, the motivation for theses types of thoughts can lead to the same outlook as the willful blindness we are wont to happily find in others. Which is why I object. Put simply none of us are master of our own ignorance. Thanks to whatever, this life is just that little bit bigger. Doesn't that personal weakness in each of us play a bigger role in our outlook and expression than anything we may think of others? That I observe in myself.

"Show me any man who can't be a hero to themselves in half an hour.'' Homer.

Perfection in attitude may be possible but perfection of "article" is certainly impossible. Thanks, to the transitory nature of life itself, ourselves, and what we personally indulge ourselves in.

Sincerely, Would you have preferred I say that this cannot be taught?

T2

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.313 sec, (2)