CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ever thought about Glutamate?

donkeyfriend Views: 2,502
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,147,763

Re: Ever thought about Glutamate?

Interesting thread. I've done a lot of labs recently. I have wacky cortisol, high glutamate and low gaba. But also low inflammation (c reactive protein). I eat really healthy most the time (paleo), so I assume that helps. But I do cheat with caffeine and alcohol, which are probably horrible for my adrenals.

Symptom wise, OCD, stress and extreme fatigue ("crashing" for days after a crazy stint at work). Psychotic episodes when younger (bipolar 1 supposedly), so I think the stress of adult life (work) is only exacerbating an underlying issue, rather than being a cause of it. Also lots of people in my family who seem to be neurologically deviant in some way or another.

A few months ago I was taking l-acetylcysteine, l-theonine, and something for adrenals (Corosolic Acid with Phosphatidylserine). Felt very calm and comfortable for a few weeks, so I decided (unwisely) that I only need it during times of extreme stress. Of course I forgot to take this during my next period of work stress. Had a horrible, horrible crash again last week, and am now trying to recuperate. Going back on these supps now. Also in desperations ordered a bunch of Dr. Wilson's supplements, so I won't know what's helping if I feel better. This stuff is way too complicated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

5.438 sec, (1)