CureZone   Log On   Join
bothered by abnormally large appetite

tallbecky Views: 3,779
Published: 18 years ago

bothered by abnormally large appetite

I am a 21 year old, 5'7", 132 pound girl with an extremely fast metabolism and a absolutely huge appetite. I often eat 7000+ calories a day. I am posting here instead of a 'diet' forum because my question involves dealing with it rather than trying to cure it. I wouldn't say I have any depression, but anxiety maybe. I have had a large appetite since I was a kid and I have seen several doctors by the way. I know some of my friends envy my situation but I am finding it more and more awkward. I hate it when people always want to comment on my appetite. At family gatherings and things some people like to make a big deal out of giving me an extra large plate of food and telling everyone who doesn't know just how much I eat. I really hate it. When I stay with other people sometimes I feel like a glutton because I often get hungry when no one else is or I eat twice as much as anyone else. Normally I sneek a small snack or go hungry instead of demand more food out of my hosts. My difference from most people sometimes causes me to make assumsions which led to embarrassing situations. I once ate lunch with a couple of classmates. A few hours later when we were at a shopping mall I was starting to get hungry. Fortunately my friends suggested we get a snack. We dispersed through the food court. My friends came back with a soft pretzel and a small ice cream cone. I came back with a large plate of chinese food. I thought is was time for a meal but my friends were stunned. After they watched me eat it, one look at me and said, "Please, I just have to know -are you STILL hungry?" I was stuffed, but she had to ask. This is the sort of thing that makes people think I am kind of strange. I don't know how to handle this and I feel awkward and out of place. I guess maybe this is sort of a rant but I would appreciate any advice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

4.453 sec, (1)