CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Group Outings & Some Surveys

Simi77 Views: 1,123
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,169,403

Re: Group Outings & Some Surveys

Awwww, nanasluv, thank you for sharing this. We are definitely similar in the experiences we've had.

My roommate can be wonderful sometimes and she can be hateful, too.

I've furnished the entire apt down to her room and the dishes. I even buy the toilet paper, light bulbs and paper towels. Yet, she'll still sigh. Even after seeing me spend all day in the shower or hear me talk about sweating too much. She knows it hurts me when she covers her nose or when she sighs in disgust after I've had a long day.

So yeah, I know a little about what it can feel like to do a lot for someone and see them treat you like garbage. it hurts even more to see someone take advantage of our weakness. I couldn't even freely walk around my own apt because she'd make me feel uncomfortable. In my own home! However, you certainly put up with more. My cousin? Would be on the streets. It's not easy putting someone out, but they obviously don't care about your feelings.

Fortunately, with me, my roommate is very aware of my condition and when I stopped speaking with her and completely ignored her after she kept holding her nose, among other reactions. She stopped. She knows. Sometimes, when people realize I know. I think it startles them a bit... They don't know what to make of it, it seems. Now, she's become much nicer. She even defends me when we are on the bus together and EVERYONE is reacting. She'll talk about how much she appreciates my cleaning and shows people that I am not a dirty person just because I smell. She does this in public because she sees the reactions I get. There are other things that she'll do in public that shows to me that she's trying to make things right and show people that I am CLEAN.

It means a lot to me, actually. I'd like a normal life, too. But I'd settle for just being treated like a normal person.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.609 sec, (1)