CureZone   Log On   Join
Blue Flag (Herb) to Help Constipation - safe?

My Complexion is Glowing
Oxy-Powder Attacks The Source Of Your Constipation, You Will ...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
jess046 Views: 951
Published: 7 years ago

Blue Flag (Herb) to Help Constipation - safe?

I have been given a herbal remedy from my nautropath to help my constipation - it consists of Blue Flag (mild laxative), Damiana, Alo Vera Root and a couple of other herbs I can't remember the names of (all safe to use, with the purpose of increasing bile flow)

Now, my main concern is Blue Flag because it has laxative properties. If I use this every day, as prescribed, will I become dependent on laxatives? I started the herbal formula (10ml twice daily) and had regular bowel movements for the first time in about a year, every morning, although it was extremely painful and caused me severe cramping.

I stopped the herbs (after only being on them two days) and was constipated.

I lowered the dosage to 5ml once a day, took some more, and my bowel movements were still hard to pass and incomplete once again, but better then usual.

What should I do? Does anybody have any experience with Blue Flag? My nautropath said not to worry about it and continue with a small dose (2.5ml) and increase to 5ml if I wasn't experiencing pain. She also recommended a persistal powder.

I have no idea what is causing my constipation. I am using a combination of the gaps diet, correct food combining and the anti-candida diet, so I don't think it is dietary related. I've also been on low Fodmaps, which didn't work longterm (in the shorterm, yes). I had a candida infection and a klebsiella infection in my bowel, but that was six weeks ago, and my nautropath said after being treated for that long with homeopathic remedies and the diet, I should be okay now (I am getting re-tested soon). I have never had a colonoscopy so I don't know for sure that I don't have Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I have never tried a low fibre diet as it would contradict my other diets - I can't have any Sugar or carbs, which would limit my foods severely. As it is I only eat meat, cooked vegetables, chicken broth and stevia sweetened baked goods.

I have no good bacteria in my bowel as a result of Antibiotics , but I have been on an intense probiotic course for several months with no improvement in my constipation.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.391 sec, (2)