I have been taking Iodine for 2 years, currently 50mg a day, sometimes 100mg a day.
You are not taking enough Iodine to do any more than tease your thyroid. 2 drops of Nascent is nothing. IMO, your thyroid is reacting to too little iodine. Goiter is cured by iodine, Iodine does not cause goiter.
You can stop iodine if you want, but your thyroid will scream even louder. The thyroid REQUIRES Iodide and Selenium to be healthy. One without the other WILL cause problems. So run to the store & get your selenomethionine asap.
Also, your thyroid wants Lugols not Nascent. The thyroid expects to get Iodide that is contained in Lugols. Nascent is iodine & contains no iodide. It is therefore not recommended.
* Our body requires both iodine AND Iodide (lugols iodine & iodoral capsules recommended)
- - - kidneys, spleen, liver, blood, & intestines can use either form
- - - Iodide ( SSKI ) is used by the thyroid + skin + Salivary
Thyroid needs 3% prefers iodide
Skin needs 20% and prefers iodide
Salivary Glands prefer iodide
- - - Iodine is used by the prostate + Stomach
Muscles (650mg) and fat needs(700mg iodine) 70%
Breast tissue needs 3-5 mg / day minimum and prefers iodine
Prostate prefers iodine
Stomach prefers iodine
Lungs prefer iodide
Ovaries prefer iodine
Entire body stores 1500 mg 1.5 gm total
* Dr Brownstein Recommended supplements = Lugols Liquid or iodoral 12 or 50 mg caps