CureZone   Log On   Join
shazam: Remedies For Sinus Congestion & Pain

ICU Views: 1,344
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,180,761

shazam: Remedies For Sinus Congestion & Pain

shazam:

Your headache, puffy red eyes, pain behind eye, light sensitivity, & clogged up head are symptoms of a sinus infection.  It might be caused by die-off and/or the toxins they release.

To decongest your sinuses & reduce the inflammed tissue, suggest you take an OTC sinus/nasal decongestant & pain reliever med.  Check labels for those ingredients.  Skip those containing antihistamines.

Recommend you stop taking Benadryl.  It's not a decongestant.  It's an oral antihistamine for runny nose, itchy body rashes, & allergic reactions to bug bites & other types of meds.  Large doses are too drying on congested/swollen sinus tissues & can cause headaches.

I suffer from chronic sinusitis & have tried a zillion products.  We're all different, so what works for one person may not for another. This product provides the most effective relief for me:

"Equate Sinus Congestion & Pain": Dosage is 2 tablets. Each tablet contains Acetaminophen (aka Tylenol) 325mg, Guaifenesin 200mg, & Phenylephrine HCl 5mg. Available at Wal-Mart or check drugstores for store-brand equivalent.

Also suggest you rub Vicks VapoRub on painful areas....frontal sinuses, around nose, dab in front of each nostril, & back of eyelids. The fumes will cause your eyes to water but so worth it for the penetrating pain relief you get. 

I find that taking a 1-2hr catnap as a chaser to the tabs & Vicks is the magic bullet for sinus relief!  (meow meow) 

Cheers - ICU

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.500 sec, (2)