I had the Mirena removed 9 weeks ago and although I had lots of negative symptoms whilst on the Mirena (rashes, sever pain in ovaries.. the list goes on) but I feel now feel worse now that its out.
I cant find a comprehensive website on the "Mirena crash" and wondered if you could help me to understand if that is what I am experiencing.
So for the past three weeks (6 weeks post removal) I have the following symptoms:
* Acne and oily skin. This is like nothing i have experienced before - when you touch my face it feels like it has a film of oil on the surface and NOTHING take it away.
* hunger - I have always struggled with my weight but I could eat endlessly and still feel like i could eat more. Craving sweet things but nothing satisfys! Weight piling on as a consequence.
* sleepiness. I dont feel sleepy but the second I get home from work and sit on the sofa - I crash out. The secret is not to sit down because I don't feel sleepy if I do this. In the morning, irrespective of how long i have slept, I feel like a train has hit me even although I have slept straight through.
* over-heating! I cant cool down properly and if I do anything involving heat - hairdryer/walking - I immediately start to boil!
* Mood. Everything is good in my life at the moment - home life and work. I am the least stressed I have ever been because I recently changed jobs. However I feel blue and generally cant get excited about much.
So, is this the Mirena Crash at week 9?
How long can should I expect it to last?
Can I do anything to make myself feel better?
any helpful websites I could read - assuming you think i am experiencing the "mirena crash'