CureZone   Log On   Join
o/t The myth of the eight-hour sleep

BnG Views: 2,831
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,192,412

o/t The myth of the eight-hour sleep

Hey Womby........

"I found this to be really interesting. How many of you wake up in the middle of the night and stress about it(after about 4 hours of sleep)? I've done it. And then laid there watching the clock...."

Sleep is vitally important.
Is the 8 hour straight rule
the do all to end all?

Probably not.

I'm fortunate in that I have been retired since March 1 of 2013. And since then I haven't gotten more then 3-4 hours of sleep at a time.... with the exception of maybe 2-3 times.

I'm not working so I can always take naps. And it is great.
But sleep is critical.
We may find it is better to spread those 8 hours of sleep over the day as opposed to one shot. Just not sure.

What was weird is this.......
I tend to sleep with some light.
Mainly my computer on.... which is right by my bed.
And I was just reading two days ago about how sleeping with light may affect breast cancer. Meaning you need some dark sleep. Look it up. Didn't pay much attention to it. I tend to think that some dark sleep may be important but am just not ready to go there yet. Again. My sleep is counted in 2-3 hour intervals. But there may be something there.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.484 sec, (1)