CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Albendazole Reactions

chillchill Views: 2,086
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,194,179

Re: Albendazole Reactions

I've only started to take medications for all this for just about a month myself. I've been sick for 4 yrs with no help whatsoever. The Toxoplasmosis meds were one type of anti- parasite drug, and Antibiotics . I had to take the Antibiotics , Clindamycin, 4x a day! The other once a day. Both for 4 weeks total. (And the 1st day of the anti- parasite drug I was to take 4x also.) Amazingly I had ZERO reaction to any of that! A true blessing! :) Clindamycin was supposed to cause diarrhea but it didn't, luckily.

I also "fought" with my doctor to get Leucoverin, a form of folic acid prescription, since it was highly recommended to take that with the parasite drug. Once I finally got it I found I couldn't tolerate it. I kept trying to cut the pill down, take less & less, but nothing made any difference so I ended up not taking it. Not wise, but it was just too harsh on me.

I can't say die off or anything with the Albendazole when the reactions are pretty much immediate once it enters my system. I WILL say that once the stomach cramps & diarrhea ended yesterday, about 5 hrs after my dose, I got more energy & felt a bit livelier than I had in a long, long time. Woke up this morning with that same energy, good mental attitude feeling, so maybe it IS working... just not getting to the root of the problem yet that's my main concern... the coughing. (Destroying the larva in my esophagus.)

I plan on doing a 7 day on, 7 day off cycle from now on. That seems like it will be easier for me to handle.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.266 sec, (1)