CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Right Treatment Plan??? Conflicting Adivce...

Sherpa Views: 1,139
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,199,949

Re: Right Treatment Plan??? Conflicting Adivce...

Hi Piuma..

here are some random tips:

1. waking up in the middle of the night is many times linked to blood Sugar imbalance. When blood Sugar drips below a certian threshold, your body may have to make adrenaline to maintain homeostasis. Eating a super well-balanced low glycemic diet (really light on grains, sugar, high fructose fruit, flour) and getting many of your calories from fats and protein helps. After doing this rigorously for several months - it healed my metabolism and helped me sleep better.

- also being unable to sleep can be caused by too low thyroid hormones, so the body secretes adrenaline to compensate. It was best to treat my adrenals with vitamins (C, B5) first before addressing thyroid treatment.

- a device called an 'accupressure mat' also helped me fall asleep better. it hurts to lie on at first but creates an endorphine and relaxation response on the physical level.

2. going on cortisol / HC or any other habit forming prescription drug never appealed to me personally. I was able to recover with just vitamin, diet, nutrients, herbs, meditation, etc.

3. Working up to large doses of B5 (pantethine) - 1200mg a day in divided doses - significantly increased my ability to tolerate stress. After a few weeks small things that sent me over the edge became tolerable.

4. "cortisol managing" adaptogens like ashwaghanda and can be good but can be habit forming. meaning, if you mess with the dose or try and come off, you may have a crash... or even worse anxiety. YES, once you stop your cortisol will just jump[ right back UNLESS you treat and nourish the whole system with vitamins, good food, yoga, reprogramming. a good rule of thumb if you want to adaptogens is 5 days on, 2 days off. I treated with just vitamins for several months before trying adaptogens to lift me higher once I stablized.

5. Seriphos seemed fairly benign... I did not have any tolerance, problems or issues with. I took it as needed, found it easy to quit.

good luck with choosing a treatment path. listen to your body, use your intuition... just like you are already doing. You found your way here, and surely you can find your way back!

- Sherpa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.645 sec, (2)