I'm a long time scalp folliculitis sufferer who did a full head shave about 6 years ago, stayed shaved for 18 months or so (infection free), and then managed to grow my hair back again (all be it clippered at the sides).
From last November to recently, gradually the spots started to reappear, and I couldn't zap them with essential oils, as I had in the past.
To cut a long story short....
1. Shaved my head again 4 weeks ago. Big decision after thinking I had beat this thing 6 years ago.
2. Although my condition has improved 95%, I couldn't shake the last few spots/infection, and get a clean flat scalp.
3. Oregano, lemongrass, White Thyme Essential Oils didn't do the trick as they have done in the past, in cleaning up my shaved scalp.
4. On a whim, made a mix of 90% Virgin Coconut Oil with 10% Oregano oil and applied.
5. IMMEDIATE SUCCESS!! Within 24hrs, no new spots, all 'alive' spots are dead.
I'm very, very happily surprised. I have been wet shaving recently 3 times a day to try to get complete control, no need to do that now (dry shave doesn't get close enough for me).
My lesson could be not to apply strong essential oils, and always to dilute them first, for maximum antibacterial effect.
I'm anti-meds, they nearly killed me in the past. No the way to go with this condition, in my case. I'm very pro essential oils as a natural therapy.