CureZone   Log On   Join
Anemia, Thyroid and Iodine - Help

GKj Views: 1,379
Published: 7 years ago

Anemia, Thyroid and Iodine - Help

Hello all,
I'm a new comer here and new to Iodine supplementation. I am around 50 years old male.

I suffer from a long term law hemoglobin level (last read 10.6 g/dl) and RBC level, (which is slightly and slowly ameliorated when taking iron, but drops fast down if I stop taking it) with no known bleeding problem (occult blood stool are negative). In the last year I also had strange thyroid tests, reading very low TSH (0.1 ulU/ml), normal T3 total (2.17 nmol/L) and high free T4 (29.43 pmol/L). T4 and T3 used to be higher but dropd in the last blood works I took.

As said, I recently read about Iodine I thought it can do good in my situation. I took the Iodine loading test and it came back with 49 mg iodine excreted!! does it make sense?

Anyway, I need help here to understand both tests results (Thyroid and Iodine), I'd thank for any idea regarding what it means and how to proceed...

GKj

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.469 sec, (1)