CureZone   Log On   Join
Collagen Loss?

Piuma Views: 1,793
Published: 7 years ago

Collagen Loss?

Does anyone else suffer from collagen loss wrinkly skin?

If so, do you notice it more when you are on a cortisol raising or cortisol suppression program.

The skin on my forearms look like a 90 year old. Very lose dry crawly skin, if I pinch it, my skin will stay that way for a few seconds before settling down.

A nutritionist once told me that this is the result of high cortisol. It's true, I first noticed this problem including very dry skin when I started licorice root. Ironically the licorice root made me feel better. I fell asleep on my own and didn't want to jump out of my skin at the slightest stressor. But my skin became very very dry all and I had thin wrinkly skin. Wrinkles on my face became prominent.

Now I am on pregnenolone and progesterone. My dr recommended b/c he thinks my insomnia and agitation are really driven by low cortisol reserves. Since i started taking i find i have good energy and no dip in the afternoon. But I read that both of these hormones can cause increase in cortisol/decrease in testosterone.

I did have this once before and it got better when I was on testosterone supplement and photo estrogen. I know both these hormones suppress cortisol. Could my dr be barking up the wrong tree chasing the pregnenolone theory?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.766 sec, (1)