CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: It's All In Your Head--continued

joegrane Views: 1,593
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,225,951

Re: It's All In Your Head--continued

As you can see I'm sensitive to irresponsible accusations that a list of symptoms including mood symptoms are just hypochondria or psychosomatic.

I also had to deal with this when I was sick with a mysterious and long list of symptoms including some adrenal fatigue. I am "fortunate" that I also had a well documented case of a mysterious psychological problem that responded well to heavy metal detox. It is now rather obvious that I was not a hypochondriac.
//www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1951581

"Sometimes it takes the doctors a while to figure out what is causing a disease. Until recently it was believed that ulcers were entirely psychosomatic. Ulcer sufferers underwent prolonged treatment, were seldom cured, and often ended up under the surgeon's knife. It is now known that most ulcers are due to Helicobacter pylori infection, and ulcers are easily cured."

"Lyme disease is a fascinating story. A housewife fell ill. Her symptoms were considered psychosomatic. When her husband and children came down with similar problems, this was regarded as some kind of projection of her psychosomatic complaint. She was eventually able to convince a physician that the only crazy thing was assuming that something psychosomatic could be contagious! Once the doctor gave the whole family medicine they all got better."

"Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome (CFIDS) is still routinely considered a psychiatric disorder despite the repeated publication of physical and laboratory abnormalities always found in victims of it. People who realize it's not "Yuppie flu" find treatments that help them get better. A lot of these are covered in this book since CFIDS is often caused by unrecognized mercury poisoning and I had a terrible time with it myself."
Andrew Cutler, PhD http://amalgamillness.com/AboutTheAuthor.html

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.250 sec, (1)