CureZone   Log On   Join
Is this IBS, or, if not, what might it be?

streettb Views: 391
Published: 6 years ago

Is this IBS, or, if not, what might it be?

I've been experiencing gut issues for over a year, and wanted to know if this IBS or, if not, some other diagnosis and what to do for these symptoms. It's probably easiest just to bullet point symptoms:

• I've been experiencing an usually high degree of constipation for close to a year, typically accompanied by the feeling of needing to evacuate but very little is passed with lots of straining. There can be 2-3 days without full evacuation and cycle resets itself after evacuation.
  • Other symptoms include bloating, sore, sensitive, or raw stomach, anal itchiness, sleeplesness and often a tight or congested feeling near where the liver is located.
  • I took a big regimen of an antibiotic (Cipro 40 days straight) about 2 years ago, and assumed that this created a major gut imbalance. I did a 2-month strict cleanse diet which eliminated all sugars and at the same time took candida and parasite cleanses (and re-populated the gut with heavy probiotics). This diet helped somewhat but I'm nowhere near close to what I would consider normal with my digestion.
  • I take a lot of supplements on a daily basis that are supposed to help with gut issues: glutamine, probiotics, cod liver oil, bone broth, diatomaceous earth, coconut oil, tumeric, cinnamon, and quercitin - these may help, but I'm surprised that I don't feel regular after long-term usage of these.
  • Doing a dry sauna does seem to help, but only with short-term relief.
  • In terms of specific food sensitivies, I've cycled on and off dairy and gluten to see if these are the major culprits, but it doesn't seem to make much impact.
  • I do notice that if I have more than one alcoholic beverage (doesn't matter what kind) I feel just horrible the next day - I never used to feel this way. I never had a great tolerance, but I could easily function the next day if I had a drink or two. If I drink at all I just have to assume the next day is devoted to simply recovering.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.469 sec, (1)