I've been reading about it CD) for years until a friend reintroduced it to me. Ive been taking it for the last 2 weeks. Feel fine on it. Mind is a lot clearer on it. Yes it is a water purifier but it is nontoxic and has been tested. The doses are way low compared to industrial usage. Reading Kerri's book Curing the symptoms known as Autism and very impressed.. Autistic children are speaking after a week. It is NOT Chlorine. People really need to get the RIGHT info about this substance and get properly educated. Something toxic couldn't cure these kids, now could it? She is no nonsense mother of an autistic child herself. Anyways it does neutralize mercury as well. They have seen great before and afters with tests.