CureZone   Log On   Join
Calendula Ointment--EC nearly cured

Views: 4,555
Published: 6 years ago

Calendula Ointment--EC nearly cured

I have had exfoliative cheilitis for about four months now. It began as dry lips that I tried to cure by reapplying Carmex over and over, and escalated into a daily peeling, thick crusting, clown lip situation. After it got bad, there were days when my lips might look for feel normal for part of a day, but overall it was hugely bad and noticeable. I tried lots of different things: steroid cream (made it worse and contributed to an infection that I got rid of with neosporin), vitamin A oil, dishwashing detergent (seemed to improve it at first, but then began to irritate my lips after a couple days), dandruff shampoo (made it worse), antifungals (seemed to keep it under control or keep the worst peeling from happening more than every other day, but was not a solution). I also took a probiotic, which I continue to take.

About a week ago, I bought boiron calendula ointment ($6.50 from VitaminShoppe) and L-Lysine supplements to try two solutions I'd read about on these forums. I've only taken the L-Lysine spottily, but I used the calendula ointment about four times a day, and saw results after just three days. I was still peeling, but the peeling was thin almost transparent flakes as opposed to the thick scales of skin. By the end of the week, my lips feel just like before, with only a little residual itching. It feels like I don't need to use the ointment anymore, but I'm so scared of relapsing or having it come back stronger that I'll probably do it for another month.

This is my first post because I'm really hoping this info will be of use to someone. I felt so hopeless with this, and thought I'd never get rid of it. It may not work for everyone, but for me (28-year-old female with history of eczema, and vulnerable to/allergic to yeast and mold) it seems to be working right now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)