CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: starting 7 day fast: looking for a buddy who is serious

Views: 359
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,239,188

Re: starting 7 day fast: looking for a buddy who is serious

Hi, I was happy to see your message. I want to achieve a long-ish fast and have wanted to do so for a long time. I am 9.5 hours into the fast as I write. I really appreciated your mentioning mental and emotional support. This is so real! It's SUCH a key need. I mean, I feel like there is actually little else that's hard about fasting. I've been working on myself by doing psychotherapy (traditional talk therapy). One thing that comes to mind in regard to this fasting challenge is: the trick of just trying to stay positive... I realize how painful it can be to think about this, so please don't think I am just suggesting this callously. I actually do find that when I'm especially frightened (about serious concerns, like eviction, homelessness, etc.) I can start to be positive and constructive in my actions if I try to name things I'm grateful for in my existence. I'm about to read about resilience/"mental toughness" and will let you know. All this applies to the problem of fasting for me because it's negativity or fear that compulses me to eat. And I want to last THROUGH those compulsions this time. I hope to hear from you!! It's Tuesday 3/10 and as I say I'm on hour 10 now.

Lots of positive tricks occur to me... I need to make a list of my purposes in fasting etc. ... Also watch videos of ppl fasting on youtube. Jack Goldstein md wrote this powerful story of his 42-day fast which healed him of his ulcerative colitis. Olivia Cohen on youtube is great -- religion-oriented but pretty universal. She fasts like 120 days back to back! It's beautiful. A major thing to do is connect with supporters I think-- like on this forum! I'm going to write to join the group that's posting just above. I'm thinking now of all the beautiful fasting success stories I've read. Also if I fall off I don't have to binge, I can eat maybe half a cucumber??? and get right back on the fast. Again I hope to hear from you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.844 sec, (1)