CureZone   Log On   Join
Read the entire original post

Views: 2,717
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,243,578

Read the entire original post

Was none of my original post read, in full?  Of course, anxiety causes extraordinary medical conditions - anxiety/stress can kill, and the medical communities have known this fact for many years, now.

My original message was to offer the fact that anxiety can be managed, just as any other symptoms can be managed, if people are willing to put in the time and effort.  There is no "magic bullet" or "magic wand" that's going to evaporate anxiety, particularly if it is rooted in an organic condition, which is why it is so important to see a medical doctor to make certain that there are no underlying reasons.  I also wrote that anxiety can exacerbate any existing medical condition for the reasons cited in the response above:  the overall drain on the human organism's resources.

Something to consider about the medical definition of "anxiety" is that the DSM V was revised in 2013, with the proposed submissions beginning in 1999.  The panel that was convened to undertake the revision, redefinition, and treatment protocols for hundreds of psychiatric and behavioral conditions was comprised of some of the most esteemed, educated, insightful, and respected psychiatrists in the United States, and the atmosphere surrounding this revision was so rancorous that some of these esteemed professionals were fired from the panel, and others simply walked out of the board rooms.  Why was this revision so different from previous ones?

Normal, human behaviors were being defined as "disorders," while other serious and recognized disorders were being improperly categorized to ignore the symptoms and treat the condition using pharmaceuticals.  This revision was all about pharmaceutical assignations.  Long-story-short, if a condition can be categorized in a certain group, subgroup, etc., with a specific "diagnosis," then the treatment is medication.  One of the most ludicrous redefinitions was "grief disorder," and a diagnosis of "grief disorder" allows a medical doctor or psychiatrist to prescribe a host of neuro-psych medications that are utterly unwarranted.  It's about keeping the medication machine and revenues of that industry running smoothly.  And, the board was comprised of some very hefty egos, as well. 

So, my original post was to give people who are suffering the dreadful symptoms of anxiety hope that they can actually manage the condition, themselves.  Are there times when medication is indicated?  In some cases (as I wrote, already), medications can interrupt the cycle long enough for the client/patient to catch their breath, get much-needed rest, and assess the situation.  Research data has revealed that benzoates are  linked to all types of dementia, including early-onset dementia.  Synthetic GABA (Neurontin - gabapentine) has not produced the results that were initially marketed with the release and FDA approval of Neurontin for anxiety, siezure control, or peripheral neuropathy.  Some antidepressants can cause extreme anxiety reactions if they are prescribed to people with specific conditions that are present.  Seizure medications are being prescribed to "treat" anxiety, and they are not producing long-term success results, whatsoever, except to render the client/patient incapacitated.  Topamax, for instance, causes extreme gastro-intenstinal issues that literally cause the client/patient to be unable to eat, and it's now being prescribed as a "weight loss" alternative.  The long-term effects are, at this time, unknown.

In the long-run, rewiring the reactions/responses to known triggers, taking control of breathing, and altering one's own lifestyles has a greater impact upon anxiety management than anything else.  Finding a counseling therapist that is well-versed in the relationship between anxiety and human physiology isn't that difficult a task - it's recognizing that counselors are just as human as their clients and NOT magicians or provisional of an easy "cure."  And, I wrote about this in my original post, as well.

"Anxiety" is a symptom, just as "edema" is a symptom.  Neither of these simply pop up out of nowhere to afflict an individual.  There are always underlying causes.

Piuma mentioned that her mother suffered anxiety disorder, and there is growing understanding that DNA has a tremendous impact upon a person, in every way.  Some people are calm, and some are "high-strung" and prone to anxiety.  That information can be priceless to the offspring of a parent(s) that are prone to anxiety so that they can LEARN how to manage their anxiety, earlier. 

If readers do not find any information in my original post to be helpful, then they can MOVE ON to other posts that suit their needs. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.938 sec, (3)