CureZone   Log On   Join
Nystatin Enemas - Toxicity? Unsafe for persons with Leaky Gut?

clandestine Views: 1,480
Published: 6 years ago

Nystatin Enemas - Toxicity? Unsafe for persons with Leaky Gut?

I'm ready to start Nystatin enemas. I've received powdered Nystatin, and have the appropriate enema tools. My question relates to something dvjorge said on thecandidadiet.com about Nystatin toxicity.

dvjorge mentions:

"Nystatin doesn’t have any significant bacterial activity. It is extremely toxic to humans if it reaches the bloodstream. It can be used orally because it doesn’t cross the intestinal epithelium in considerable amounts ( 99% recovered in feces )

I am guessing you are confusing Nystatin ( a polyene class drug ) with the Echinocandins.

Nystatin attacks the ergosterol synthesis pathway in the fungal cell wall. Ergosterol is very similar to Cholesterol found in human cells. Nystatin will attack our own cells if it gets the blood. It will cause liver damage and severe toxicity.

However, the Echinocandins target 1,3 Beta Glucan that isn’t found in human cells. They aren’t toxic to humans since its selective activity against Glucan.

Jorge."
source: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/cured-i-found-this-post-in-curezone-today-12/page/2/

I'm wondering, if someone has leaky gut (intestinal permeability), would a Nystatin enema be discouraged due to toxicity? As leaky gut is closely related to Candida issues, does this in any way imply Nystatin enemas are unsafe?

Any insights or advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.281 sec, (1)