I have a lot to detox from: I have been sober for three-years but I drank and drugged and smoked cigarettes for many, many, many years, which led to a lot of weird stuff like extreme pesticide poisoning on many occasions. Also, I had a significant September 11 toxin exposure on 9-11-2001 and for several days thereafter in NYC. I am trying to regain my health, I have tried everything I've heard about since 9/11 and now I'm trying Iodine...Who knew? The detox is brutal. This is day 10 at 100mg and my head feels like its exploding. 1000mg a day seems pretty crazy, that's 20 50mg pills a day. If I do that I'm certainly going to have to buy in bulk. I just bought my first batch of vitamin C in bulk from Amazon. I guess with everything, It's only weird the first time. Thanks for your help.