CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chloride Competing with Iodine for Absorption in the Gut

Stargazer1111 Views: 1,790
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,261,085

Re: Chloride Competing with Iodine for Absorption in the Gut

Actually, my concern isn't with displacement of Iodine in the body tissues. It's quite obvious that it doesn't appreciably because the body has receptors for large gram amounts of chloride and receptors for 1.5 grams of iodine.

My concern is with absorption in the intestine when both chloride and Iodide are consumed at the same time.

Dr. Abraham appears to think that the reason the sodium Iodide in iodized salt is only 10% bioavailable is because the chloride in the sodium chloride competes with the Iodide for absorption in the gut.

Dr. Brownstein disagrees, according to the lecture I just watched on Youtube. He thinks it's because of the other additives to the salt.

I just wondered what the opinion of others was on this site. Does the chloride compete with iodide in the intestine for absorption if both iodide and chloride are consumed at the same time?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.375 sec, (1)