CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Just diagnosed with Hashimoto. Now what?

Stargazer1111 Views: 2,071
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,263,016

Re: Just diagnosed with Hashimoto. Now what?

1. I did not realize that he is dead.

2. Why are you getting so defensive? I'm merely attempting to dialogue about this situation because the outcome of such a discussion could be beneficial to anyone considering Iodine supplementation. There is no reason to get so emotional. This is an intellectual discussion about why someone would develop Hashimoto's on 100mg of iodine.

3. Although Hashimoto's might be caused by Iodine deficiency in some cases, Lexi's case is evidence to the contrary. Lexi has been consuming 100mg of Iodine for an extended period of time along with the companion nutrients. Yet, Lexi developed Hashimoto's while they were taking the iodine.

This directly contradicts Dr. Abraham's hypothesis that iodine in amounts over 15mg per day protects the thyroid from Hashimoto's.

4. From what I have read from Lexi, they did not have an autoimmune thyroiditis condition before starting iodine. The lab numbers were normal before, and are now significantly abnormal. So, it doesn't appear to be a preexisting condition. It does NOT mean that iodine caused the condition either. But it does appear that iodine did not offer protection from it.

People need to keep an open mind and be willing to change it when new evidence emerges, such as Lexi's case.

Your rant has absolutely nothing to do with my point. I agree with you that the sodium RDA is ridiculous. I've been getting 6-7 grams of sodium daily for years and have no problems with it.

That is beside the point.

The point is that Dr. Abraham's hypothesis is that 15mg or more of iodine per day will lower TPO activity and reduce the possibility of an autoimmune attack.

This clearly did not occur with Lexi. I am interested to find out why. That's all.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.156 sec, (1)