CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: thyroid, vit C

Montmorency Views: 998
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,273,044

Re: thyroid, vit C

I used to try to stay away from synthetics, but I became convinced that there was a need for vitamin C over and above what I could possibly get from food sources.

There is a lot of information at the Vitamin C Foundation website & forum, including debate about l-ascorbic acid vs "vitamin C complex". I won't get into that here, but it's worth reading their viewpoint.

For those who are happy in principle to take synthetics, there is one more potential worry:

It seems that about 90% of the world's synthetic ascorbic acid comes from China, and some people are concerned with their standards of quality control, etc. I recently bought some l-ascorbic acid from a UK supplier (I live in the UK), and it turned out that it was from China. I therefore contacted them and asked for a certificate of analysis, which they sent me. This confirmed that it conformed to UK/EU standards for impurities, and that it was indeed 100% l-ascorbic acid.

And that's important because only the L- stereoisomer has the vitamin C activity. The other 3 stereoisomers do not have it.

Funnily enough, one of the few sources of non-China ascorbic acid is made in Scotland, but ironically, we can't buy it in the UK! (or not directly, anyway). Go figure. It's called Quali-C and isn't cheap.

Anyway, for anyone who does look at the Pauling Therapy for cardiovascular disease, as originally developed by Pauling, with enhancements suggested by the Vitamin C Foundation, based on research/discoveries since Pauling's death.

It seems to me that the Iodine Protocol and the Pauling Therapy together, if widely used, could do an immense amount of good to the health and well-being of the average person (and perhaps the opposite to the health and well-being of Big Pharma and mainstream medicine).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.719 sec, (1)