CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is stinging, biting and pinching as symptom of strongyloides?

stillbattling Views: 2,410
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,285,341

Re: Is stinging, biting and pinching as symptom of strongyloides?

I have tested positive for strongyloides with an elisa test. I know they are disseminated because small, white worms come out of my skin everywhere. They are too tiny to recognize as worms most of the time. If I happen to see one coming out of someplace on my hand, for instance, and I pull on it, it will be longer and I can see it is a worm.

I have very dark hardwood floors so I can see very tiny, round, light specks on the floor when the small worms drop off. Otherwise, I would not be able to see them.

The treatment is ivermectin. The dosage outlined is 12 mg per day. I believe that is currently being changed to 16 mg per day (or higher). Both Sharkman and myself discovered we had better results with dosage higher than 12 mg/day. It would be best if you took it without breaks for quite a long time. You should guard your liver every way possible by watching what you eat and don't eat, and the other medicines you take.

I posted on this earlier, and I was wrong. Doxycycline (an antibiotic) should be taken at the dosage of 100 mg twice a day if you can manage it. Some say take for 6 weeks. Sharkman says he took for 6 months. This is to reduce the number of larvae an adult strongyloide will have.

This worm may (or may not) be eliminated, depending on your persistence. It would be best if you had medical care to make sure your liver numbers don't go too high. It's possible most doctors will hit the panic button very early in this regard when it might be necessary to continue with the meds. This is only my opinion as I am not a medical professional.

Most symptoms of strongyloides are weight loss and lung issues caused by migrating larvae. Generally there will be no pain with this very tiny worm.

You are going to need to start doing your own research outside curezone. I hope this finally answers some of your many questions.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.297 sec, (1)