CureZone   Log On   Join
My supplement plan - what would you change?

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Invictus23 Views: 851
Published: 6 years ago

My supplement plan - what would you change?

Hi.

According to Dr Lam's website I am stage 3 - either B or C.

At my worst I was in stage 4 and I have made a recovery back to stage 3.

I have occasionally recovered all the way to stage one and sometimes make it in stage 2 for a few hours.

The problem seems to be a lack of adrenal reserves, so literally any stress sends me spiralling backwards.

This has been going on for 4 years. I initially had no clue what was wrong and then my doctor blamed my thyroid - TSH was 6 and put me on Levothyroxine for a few months.

I finally realised that the adrenals were to blame as the TSH dropped but none of symptoms improved.

The TSH seemed to lower everytime I slept well and using Dr Lam's site I managed to make all the connections to adrenal fatigue and everything came together like a thousand piece puzzle.

At one point I had thought it was fibromyalgia and read a book by David Dryland which mentioned that fibromyalgia was caused by chronic fight or flight response burning out dopamine production whilst adrenaline was chronically high.

Sounds a bit like adrenal fatigue right?

My doctor has done blood tests and nothing abnormal other than a slightly elevated TSH showed up.

I mentioned the adrenal fatigue to her and she said she believed in it but refused to test me for it and wanted to put me on anti depressants which I rejected after looking at patient reviews.

The symptoms are highly correlated to sleep and good or bad adrenal habits.

This is why I am almost certain it is adrenal fatigue.

Any stress makes symptoms worse, relaxation makes them better.

Caffeine helps a bit but ultimately makes me feel worse and without it I have zero energy and am badly depressed.

I know 100% that sleep is the cure.

Good sleep for 1 week has healed me to the point of being symptomless but at the time I didn't realise that if got one bad nights sleep at that point, that the symptoms would return and good sleep would become difficult to get again.

I would recommend to everyone struggling with this to make their main focus good sleep and things that improve sleep as just one week of good sleep has helped me immensely in the past.

But now trying to get good sleep is an ongoing battle and rarely happens.

Here are a few of my symptoms - so that you can see if you agree I have adrenal fatigue:

- Tired all the time, worse in the morning

- Need caffeine or other stimulants to function

- Horrible anxiety - both general and social anxiety as well as OCD

- No libido, no real enjoyment of sex, no arousal etc.. yet I can get an erection

- Prostatitis symptoms have got worse

- Difficult to relax, constant tension, feelings of adrenaline rushes under stress, random itching

- Muscle and joint pain and tension

- Difficulty getting to sleep, racing mind, difficult to relax, sleep quality is poor

- Can't handle stress; typing this out is hard, even brushing my teeth feels like a chore

- TMJ pains, headaches etc..

- Low pain threshold and can't handle the cold or heat

- Poor cognition; loss of intelligence, can't think clearly, think slowly ( worse without caffeine)

- Can't focus, ADHD and ADD symptoms

- Depression- mild with caffeine, worse without

- Addictions - feel like I need them to escape

- Poor decision making, impulsive behaviour

- Overly empathetic yet at the same time apathetic, it's hard to describe

- Too passive, low self esteem

- Worse on a low calorie diet or with infrequent eating

- IBS symptoms

That's just a few of the main ones.

I've started my adrenal fatigue recovery plan. I'm hoping to make a lot of improvements in the next few weeks and months.

Here it is:

1. Good sleep: I want to get 10 hours sleep a night from about 9pm -7am as I have made a recovery to the point of being symptomless within a week by doing this before.

2. No p 0 r n, self-gratification/sex or ogasm.

This helps me quite a lot, noticing changes usually within 2-3 weeks.

This is probably due to it helping take the body out of fight or flight mode and helping to build back up neurotransmitters and normalise hormones.

Have a look at Dr Lin's work on it:
http://www.actionlove.com/

Some of it seems to tie into what Dr Lam says.

I believe it anyway because I feel the improvements well beyond placebo.

I'm not going near any of his supplements though lol.

3. Quitting caffeine; Cutting down from 3 tsp coffee a day gradually down to just 1 cup of tea in the morning.

Going cold turkey causes major Depression and actually makes sleep worse.

4. Supplement plan:

* Vitamin C - 4,000 mg a day on empty stomach

* Mucuna Pruriens 1.6g a day ( 240 mg L dopa) (to replace caffeine) with EGCG 400 mg.

* Pantethine 300 mg a day

* B vitamin complex

* Vitamin D3 10,000 iu every other day

* Cod liver oil; EPA and DHA, Vitamin A (retinol form)

* Multivitamin

*Ashwagandha (sensoril) 250 - 375 mg a day, 5 days on 2 days off

* Zinc 30-50 mg a day (0.3 - 0.6 mg copper)

In the evening for sleep:

* L theanine 200-400 mg, 1 hr before sleep

* 5 Htp 100-200 mg 2-3 hrs before sleep ( raises cortisol)

* Magnesium citrate 500 mg or oil 360 mg 1.5 hrs before sleep

* Melatonin 3 mg, 1hr before sleep

I also have DHEA, Pregnenolone and adrenal glandular ( raw bovine adrenal tissue) but I'm not sure how to use these.

Anyway, let me know what you think and what you would change.

I have limited money so this is the best I can do at the moment.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.344 sec, (3)