Originally posted on Nutritional Balancing, but now I will post the relevant information here.
For context, have adrenal fatigue and digestive system issues. I am 19 years old.
1. I crashed hard when using Castor Oil to cleanse my bowels during the candida diet. I did mostly recover from the crash, but reading a few cases of people having this happen after a coffee enema really worries me. This crash didn't occur as badly when I did another Castor Oil cleanse. How can I prevent this from happening?
2. For my first enema, which will be with still spring water (lack a water distiller for the time being, Will Houghton said it's alright), I am planning on allowing only a small amount into my colon for around a 5 minutes to make sure it doesn't cause any complications. Is this recommended for a first time enema user?
3. Similar to 2. I ordered S.A. Wilsons coffee for the enema. Going to use one third of a tsp to test how my colon reacts. What signs should I look out for if something is wrong?
4. I suspect my body is overloading with toxins, when the full coffee enema is performed in the near future, should I do a clean water enema afterwards to flush out residue toxins? Will Houghton recommended I do them back to back (with coffee).
5. A kinesiologist diagnosed me with Candida in September this year (it's when I started really getting into Alternative ways to restore my health), so I probably have some issues with the healthy bacteria in my gut. Will a coffee enema disrupt this?
6. This isn't so much enema related, when I eat food at night I notice that once it enters my intestines (this happens after around 5 hours, so my digestive speed is average), I can feel it bulge in my intestines. This goes down the next day but is this a cause for concern? It only causes a bloating sensation (sometimes) and don't really get significant pain aside from the occasional gas pain (it's very mild). This also went down quite a bit earlier on in the candida diet. I think taking Betaine HCL with pancreatic enzymes are helping.
Speaking of digestive speed. I can normally pass a stool around 18 hours after eating. My stool quality isn't the best
Those are all my questions, needless to say I am eager as hell and somewhat afraid to do an enema. Answers would be greatly appreciated!